Tuesday, December 18, 2018

TMS #484 Crocheted Christmas Wreath Card

 How exciting that just last night I came across a cute little crochet pattern on pinterest.  I must say I'm not very good at crocheting and even worse at reading instructions, but this little ornament wreath was so cute I wanted to give it a try.  So last night I whipped it up.  I even impressed my husband.  So that's sweet. 💗 It showed that you can slip this little ornament over a wine bottle or something for gift giving.  Well, I chose to make a card with it.  I found the perfect little Santa face to tuck on the inside and used a wood grain background paper to look like a door panel, I added a few little snowflakes to help fill in the edges a bit.   I must also add, that french knots are really difficult for me.  I read how to do it, but apparently I don't have the hang of it, but for me the berries look good enough.   
I'm going to submit my crocheted ornament card to the challenge at: Tuesday Morning Sketches where anything goes.   How exciting that I get to share my little project.  

I also included a picture of the inside of the card.  A little tree cut out suggesting perhaps to use the wreath as an ornament. 

Thank you for stopping by for a visit.  I look forward to reading your comments.

Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping.
PJ

* I forgot to add the bow to my wreath.  


4 comments:

  1. I love your crochet wreath - you did such a great job with it! And your card looks so nice with it! Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute wreath! Crocheting is on my list of crafts to learn someday.
    Have a very Merry Christmas!!
    Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches
    Debbie ~ TMS DT
    Debbie's Dash of This and That

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really cute and creative idea to use your little crocheted wreath as part of your card. You did a good job with both the crocheting and the card making. Thank you for joining our "anything goes" end of the year challenge at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so cute! I remember my Grandma making little ornaments like this - but I never picked this up in my crocheting projects. So adorable though. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~