Tuesday, March 5, 2019

Sketch #306 Wishing You Well, Friendly Conversation, Beauty Abounds, Stamping Up


 It's just one of those days.  I have a super long to do list and nothing is getting done but playing in my craft room.   Well folks, if you have been following my blog, you know the "craft room" has been a whole ordeal.  I'm not sure I can give a short story but here goes:  The porch we enclosed many years ago on our old house has always been our shared craft room/desk/Bible Study room.  Well when our kiddos moved out we new one room would stay a bedroom and the other perhaps a lovely little craft room for me, and I do mean little.  Please keep in mind the house is only 945 square feet, so rooms are small.  Well we got everything in here, and that's when the troubles started, the floors were awfully uneven.   Now HP.  who you see below in a couple pictures.. LOVED this because it kept he occupied with chasing his ever rolling toys.  However I with my back and legs, dislike it, and so the room didn't work.  Well after much stress, heartbreak, frustration we got the floors as level as can be in a 100 year old home, so dear hubby moved everything back into this "craft room" We even purchased a little square table on clearance thinking a high table would be a fabulous work station for me, I'm quite tall so it would be awesome.  We have a counter height table for our dining room and we love it.  Well folks can you believe my luck. since being constantly in this room my legs have not stopped swelling and the pain is worse, we are starting to think it's the high table and stool. *heavy sigh❕  My dear husband really wants this to work out for me ( I think because he would like the desk back) haha.. so he said to get a little desk for me and the chair I use to use out there.. so my friends.. That's the next thing we are doing.  GOSH I pray this works out, and if indeed it does.  I suppose I should just have more faith and say, WHEN it works out,  I will then finally be able to show you pictures and update my little craft room.. or as hubby refers to it.. the "workshop"    

Now unto the card for today.  I will submit it to the challenge at:

I absolutely LOVE playing along with their sketch challenges.
I can't believe I didn't make a card yesterday, However I was crafting.  I was busy making card boxes to add them to my Etsy shop, in hopes that I will be able to sell cards in packages.  I will  share a picture of the 4 boxes on another post, since this is so long.   
The stamp sets featured in today's card are:
Stampin Up: Wishing You Well
Stamping Up: Friendly Conversation
Stampin Up: Beauty Abounds

Now for a couple pictures of my playful little pal.  He's such a darlin little buddy.  He loves his toys. 

Thank you for listening to my ramblings, and for stopping by to check out my card.

Oh and on a funny note.. the chicken I'm boiling for soup.. well friends, I boiled the bottom wrapper with it too.  Ya know the little white padded thing the chicken lays on.  MY gosh it's always something here.. Perhaps it will add flavoring 😉

Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping.
PJ


5 comments:

  1. Oh, dear! I really can relate to your stories. My craft room now is a nice sized room, but once I had a very tiny space with a sloping roof upstairs in a 100 year house. I had bumps all over my head from hitting that ceiling! haha Hope it's settled for you soon. (and who hasn't at some time baked/boiled some part of the crazy chicken packaging?!!♥)
    On a another note- your card is lovely. Such a beautiful sentiment, and your soft background lets it take the stage. Very nice! Thanks for joining us again this week at AHSC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your card!! The sentiment is so sweet! I hope the desk and chair work out for you. Your story about the chicken wrap made me laugh! Years ago my youngest daughter wanted to have Thanksgiving and when it came time to cut the turkey we discovered the pack of heart, neck, etc was still inside the cavity of the bird. We laughed so hard. We still bring up that story! That's what families are all about!! She's a much better cook today!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sorry about your craft room woes, PJ, but you are creating pretty cards! I really admire the background of this one, and the sentiment is wonderful. So thankful for people like the ones your card speaks of.
    Thank you for playing along with the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge! Blessings,
    Christine
    DT Member
    https://withaverygratefulheart.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, PJ, I love the sentiment on your card! It sums up life so perfectly and the colours remind me that spring truly is just around the corner. I had to laugh at your chicken story - only because I have done the EXACT SAME THING myself (and it doesn’t add extra flavouring... just a chewy factor that’s pretty awful!) Thanks for sharing with us again at Atlantic Hearts - always look forward to your cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love that sentiment, so perfect for so many in my life. The colours and the background technique are awesome. Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~