Tuesday, October 27, 2020

Sketch 392~IO D12249, IO D4381, Stampin Up: From All of Us, and Itty Bitty Greetings.

Do you ever just get an image stuck in your head, and
you have to make it work no matter what?   That is 
the case with my card today.   
I was inspired by a little afternoon trip I took with 
my husband and HP (our dog)  I don't get out 
very much anymore so this was a real treat.  I'll share 
some pictures.  
Do ya see it?  Where the inspiration came from? 
And my sweet little HP loved coming along.  
The stamp sets featured in this card are:
Impression Obsession: D12249
Impression Obsession: D4381
Stampin Up:  From All of Us
Stampin Up: Itty Bitty Greetings 
I'm going to submit this card to the challenge at:
I tried to incorporate all the elements on the sketch. 
It was a bit tricky to figure out how to do the bow, 
but then I thought why not stamp another door and 
pop it up with some dimensionals.  It worked well. 
Makes it look like a very inviting church then too.  
I thought it would be fun also to include a picture of 
the church I drew when I was a kid.  My hubby went 
and found it in my childhood memory box, and unrolled
it for me so I could get a picture.  This is the little 
First Baptist Church I grew up in.  
Such lovely memories there.
Below is a picture of the church today.  
It has a new roof, wheelchair ramp, and they closed the 
bell tower and put a gold roof there. Nevertheless
the beautiful stained glass windows are there and 
I can still imagine the inside as it used to be. 
Well folks,  I got all side tracked here going down 
memory lane.  Any ways, the card is pretty simple,
nothing to fantastic, just a lot of sentimental reasons
for making it today.  I do get a kick out of the sentiment
on the inside.  I need to remember God is the author
of my life, not me.  

Health update:  I am on schedule for the brain MRI
on Thursday Nov. 12th.  I could truly use prayers that I can
handle it. I'm so claustrophobic.  I've actually had medicine
in the past to calm down, and well they've had to pull me 
out.  I don't know why I can't get this head to calm down.

Any ways that's the scoops. 

Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping
💗PJ

* Please stop in at my Etsy shop.   You might just find a stamp or stamp set you NEED to purchase.  Perhaps even a card.  I know I'd greatly appreciate the sales.  Plus I've recently just added more items.  So make sure to check it out. 😊




 

7 comments:

  1. What a sweet image and I love the way you did the doors! Best wishes, and thank you for joining us this week at AHSC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love you card, especially the sentiment. Thanks for sharing with AHSC. And remember, every day is a treasure so enjoy & God bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your interpretation of our sketch! Thanks for sharing at Atlantic Hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your card is awesome! And I love that stamp. Thank you for sharing with the Atlantic Hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card, PJ! Love that church image and the inside sentiment is fabulous. You did a great drawing as a kid! Thanks for sharing with us at Atlantic Hearts :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. sweet memories! thanks for sharing with us at Atlantic hearts Sketch challenge.

    Alicia

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, simple (not over done with embellishments type of simple) and yet stunning! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~