Wednesday, October 7, 2020

Sketch #389~ Tire Swing, Stamping Bella, To A Wild Rose, Stampin up, Blessed

I want to say first off, that my all time go to favorite stamps 
and inks are stampin up.  But every now and then I come
across a stamp that I think I must have.   Such as the case 
for this card today.   
The stamp sets featured in this card are:
Stampin Up:  To A Wild Rose
Stamping Bella:  Tire Swing 
I  must share (of course) a few things about the reasoning
behind the purchase of this stamp set.  
First, I love the sentiment on the front.
Second, the tire swing reminds me of growing up.  We had two
trees about 15 feet apart, so my dad laid a huge tree log
between those trees and tied our tire swings to it.  Oh the fun we had.
Of  course on one occasion one of my cousins was giving a good 
push, you know the kind where you run underneath after  you're pushing, well
folks, it didn't end to swell.  I forgot to mention that we use to spin each other 
first so that when the rope was good and twisted we'd give the push.  So it's a bit
out of control in the swinging and that's when I slammed into the tree and knocked
my tooth right out.  Thank the Good LORD it was a baby tooth at the time. 
By the way that same tree (tire) swing also was used by my dad, who would 
use it as a way to pull car engines out when he was working on them.  
Third,  The tire reminds me of my dad's old 53 Chevy Bel-air, and in 
that case I should have colored giant white walls.  That is one thing
dear dad and I don't agree upon.  He loves his whitewalls.  
Did anyone else ever have a tire swing?  Or a Tractor 
Tire sandbox?   My Grandpa use to make tire planters too.  
I'm going to submit this card to the challenge at:
  
I posted a picture of HP on my last post, but just incase you didn't see it 
I thought I'd share it again. I get such a kick out how he rests his chops
on the window sill.  I stamp and he keeps watch. 
 
I'm also including a couple pictures of a red squirrel that is being 
the bully of the yard the past few days.  My goodness I had no idea 
they would be so mean.    He has chased away the gray squirrels.  


The last picture cracks me up, the way he is holding his arm
back it looks like he is thinking, aw shucks.  

Health News:  The nerve conduction test is done.  They of course 
found all kinds of new and some old problems.  I tell ya, it's like 
taking your car to the garage and leaving with a whole list of 
repairs needed.  (sigh)  any ways, I'm now waiting to be 
scheduled for an MRI of the brain. Which will not be fun. 
I am very claustrophobic.  In fact I don't even ride elevators.  
Oh the Joy continues.   

  Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping
💗PJ

* Please stop in at my Etsy shop.   You might just find a stamp or stamp set you NEED to purchase.  Perhaps even a card.  I know I'd greatly appreciate the sales.  Plus I've recently just added more items.  So make sure to check it out. 😊























 

4 comments:

  1. Such a fun card! I love that image, it reminds me of my childhood too! Thanks for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a cute and fun card! Great use of our sketch. Thanks for sharing at Atlantic Hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This card is so cute! I love the background stamping you added. Thank you for sharing with AHSC.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this! I absolutely love that image it is so great. Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~