Saturday, September 12, 2020

HSSSC347 ~In Memory and Honor of 9-11 God Bless America.

I felt compelled to make a card in memory of 9-11 and also
in honor of how our country came together as a nation so beautifully.  
As you can see this is the Empire State building and an apartment building.
It's all I had for a recognizable NY landmark.   
Speaking of NY one of my favorite historical buildings is the 
Flatiron building.  Someday I'm going hopefully travel to NY 
especially during the Christmas season.  Gosh I'd love to see all the sights. 
My parents traveled a lot when I was a kid(we weren't to go with) 
they actually have some amazing photographs of the
 twin towers, from the Statue of Liberty. 
This card I made today is 2¼ x 4¼  I had to shrink down the size
a bit because the stamps I used were tiny.  I love the envelopes 
that go with these tiny cards, because the opening is at the long end. 
The stamp sets featured in this card are:
Taylored Expressions: Of Thee I Sing
Simon Says: You Got This
Paper Trey Ink:  City Scene
Stampin Up:  Tabs for Everything
Stampin Up:  Hold Onto Hope
Hero Arts: Stamps for the Year (1997)  the tiny flag.
Well my friends, I come across this lovely post and I
thought it was worth sharing.
 Image may contain: text that says 'I MISS 9/12 I would never ever want another 9/11, but I miss the America of 9/12. Stores ran out of flags to sell because they were being flown everywhere. People were Americans before they were upper or lower class, Jewish or Christian, Republican or Democrat. We hugged people without caring if they ate at Chick Chick-Fil-A or wore Nikes. ON 9/12, WHAT MATTERED MORE WAS WHAT UNITED JS THAN WHAT DIVIDED US.'
I'm going to submit my card to the challenge at:

  Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping
💗PJ

* Please stop in at my Etsy shop.   You might just find a stamp or stamp set you NEED to purchase.  Perhaps even a card.  I know I'd greatly appreciate the sales.  Plus I've recently just added more items.  So make sure to check it out. 😊 



 

3 comments:

  1. Such a wonderful tribute - it's hard to believe it's nearly 20 years ago - even though I am in the UK it still touched our hearts - a fitting tribute for our sketch - thanks for joining us at HSS this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your take on the sketch!! And what a beautiful tribute to 9/11. Love that sentiment for the inside - perfect for your card. Thanks for joining us at Hand Stamped Sentiments!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love that you created your card in memory of 9/11. Great idea to use the buildings. Thanks for joining us Hand Stamped Sentiments.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~