Wednesday, September 23, 2020

FUSION - Cake~ Happy Birthday to you, Stampin Up, Stuck on You, Lawn Fawn, Sweet Succulents, Whimsy Stamps.

I was so excited to make the card today.   You see I love plants.  
I have quite a few, however I didn't think I owned any succulents 
except for my little fake ones in the ceramic pot above.   
Well, much to my delighted surprise, I actually have some. 
I found this wonderful fb group and posted picture of a few plants 
of mine, and they helped me identify them.   The clipping in the 
picture is elephant bush, and I'm going to try and propagate it.  
I also have a kalanchoe, and a spring cactus.  
Now I have many spider plants,  African violets,
prayer plant, an orchid that is blooming right now
aloe and pothos.  I would share pictures, but I'd run out of room here.
I'm just delighted to also have a few succulents.  I even found out the names
of the two outside:  Sedum Neon, and Sempervivum know as Hen and chick.  
Now for the card.  I'm going to submit it to the challenge at:
For the card today I chose to play with the photo side.   As you can 
see in the above picture that is the cake (I made)  stamped and colored.
Now I just needed to spruce it up with some cactus.  Btw- mentioning 
the word spruce made me think of trees, did you know that there is 
a succulent called miniature pine tree?  I'm going to add that to my wish list.
The stamp sets featured in this card are:
Stampin Up:  Happy Birthday To You
Lawn Fawn:  Stuck On You
Whimsy Stamps: Sweet Succulents 
After stamping each of the lovely succulents, it was 
coloring, cutting and then the crucial placing.  It was helpful 
to add the dimensionals to a few to give them room to squeeze in. 
I'm so happy with how it turned out.  My husband asked me, "are they made 
with the good frosting?"   He's so funny.    Speaking of funny I thought the below
picture was quite comical.  Hope you smile too.  
  Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping
💗PJ

* Please stop in at my Etsy shop.   You might just find a stamp or stamp set you NEED to purchase.  Perhaps even a card.  I know I'd greatly appreciate the sales.  Plus I've recently just added more items.  So make sure to check it out. 😊 

 

1 comment:

  1. Oh this is a wonderful take on the photo! Great job combining stamps! Thanks so much for joining us at Fusion.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~