Monday, September 14, 2020

FUSION - Yellow Door~ At Home With You, Stampin Up

A yellow door.  Not in my wildest dreams did I think I'd make 
a yellow door card.  I'm not sure why,  But it got me thinking about doors.
Why is it I keep our house door just white?  It has blue/gray trim around the window.
Otherwise no extra pop of color.  
So I decided to do a little research on yellow doors.
I don't believe in feng shui, but with that being said, I do 
know that some plants are quite picky on the room and window 
you place them by.  So the concept of feng shui is interesting to me.
It says that yellow doors are linked too optimism and extraversion. 
Guests will expect sunny rooms and cheerful decor inside. 
That is so funny because I've always wanted to do a bright 
sun yellow room.  Just don't seem to have the decor or style to get it done.
Our home is more earth tones colors with a bold cranberry theme 
running through the house.  
I think if I were to paint my door I should choose red.  
However, that leads to my next question.  Do you have to match
the door to the house?  I wouldn't think so.   
I will have to put this on my husband's list of things to do. 
I'm sure he will not appreciate this grand idea to paint the door.  
But how lovely and inviting it will be.  

I'm going to submit my card to the challenge at:
I played with both the sketch and the photo.  

What a lovely opportunity to think beyond the ordinary.  
So I went with a bright cheery door, and it just made me happy 
making the card.  

The stamp set featured in this card is:
Stampin Up:  At Home With You

Here is a picture of my back door.   It needs a pick me up in color. 
Image may contain: plant and outdoor

  Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping
💗PJ

* Please stop in at my Etsy shop.   You might just find a stamp or stamp set you NEED to purchase.  Perhaps even a card.  I know I'd greatly appreciate the sales.  Plus I've recently just added more items.  So make sure to check it out. 😊 

 

2 comments:

  1. I think a welcoming color for a door would be great and doesn't need to match the house. Having said that, I have a very boring wooden door :) Gorgeous bright fun card! Thanks so much for joining us at Fusion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loved your colored door commentary (my husband is a big fan of red so painted our front door RED)! I'm happy with it now, but it took some getting used to. Your card is a great take on the challenge and I'm so glad you were able to play along with the challenge!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~