Friday, September 18, 2020

Sketch #386 Birthday card using Stampin Up: Whale Done, Itty Bitty Greetings, High Tide, Lighthouse, and Great Impressions, Seaside Lighthouse.

I made this card for my son.  It will be his 27th Birthday
tomorrow.  💕🎂🎈
Now normally I try to make a card out of the ordinary, like a 
fancy fold or a box or something strange, but this year I tamed 
it down a bit. My hands were not cooperating at all.  
So I decided to reflect on last year's birthday.
We had the perfect opportunity to take pictures of the sunset by a 
lake where he lives.  Him, his girlfriend, and my daughter.  
I will submit this  card to the challenge at: 
 
The stamp sets featured in this card are:
Stampin Up:  Lighthouse (1998)
Great Impressions:  Seaside Lighthouse G305
Stampin Up:  High Tide
Stampin Up:  Itty bitty Greetings
Stampin Up:  Whale Done  
Ya all might have noticed that I tried taking 
pictures with different items.  UGH.. I'm not very good
at the props and setting up the card.  To make it look it's best. 
But I'll keep trying.  
I used an embossing folder for the background, and then 
just sponged some ink over the top.  The background fishy paper 
is a lovely DSP.  Then I stamped the water, land, and sky
for the next rectangle.  It took me many times to stamp that lighthouse, 
and it finally lined up.  I stamped the rocks and cut them out along with other
images, then just needed the placement good to glue them down.  
I think my favorite part about this card is the sky and 
the birds flying in the background.   I also like the 
funny pun on the inside too.  
Heath Update:  I go for a nerve test at the end of the month to 
see how bad it has gotten  (sigh)  I apparently am quite low on Vit. D
so she gave me a Rx for 50,000 IU to boost me up.  We will 
see if that helps.  The doctor was very kind and compassionate and 
listened, so I am so grateful for that.  She also wants to start me 
on a pill to help with pain. It's a compound medicine.  So I'm nervous 
as usual, being I don't like taking medicine.  But I guess I'm at the age 
I better do something.  So after the nerve test I will be starting that. 
She said most likely what is done as far as nerve damage won't come back,
it's sad, but I believe Jesus is my healer, and if He so chooses it will come back.
So I gotta Keep the faith and Keep on believing. 
Thank you all for your love, concern and prayers. 

  Thank you for stopping by for a visit.
Keep Smiling and Keep Stamping
💗PJ

* Please stop in at my Etsy shop.   You might just find a stamp or stamp set you NEED to purchase.  Perhaps even a card.  I know I'd greatly appreciate the sales.  Plus I've recently just added more items.  So make sure to check it out. 😊 
 

 

5 comments:

  1. You created a lovely scene. I really like that panel with the sky and birds as well, and the gull sitting on the post is a great image. Thank you for joining us at Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The embossing background was the perfect touch for this card. This really came out great! Thanks for sharing with AHSC.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I love the detail with the sea gull, it is small but adds to the overall scene! Thanks for playing along with Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge (AHSC).

    Brandi R.
    DT member AHSC
    crzy4scrapbooking.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely card and wishing you the best health!

    Alicia
    AHSC DT

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a beautiful scene card!! Thank you for joining the Atlantic Hearts Sketch Challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for taking time to leave a comment, I read each one and appreciate your kind words~ ♥ May your day be filled with all good things ♥~